F ranklin J. Fischer founded the Fischer Funeral Home in Warsaw, OH in 1937.
Franklin Fischer was born March 30, 1911 in Jefferson Township in Coshocton County to Nicholas Q. and Bertha (Bower) Fischer. He was a resident of the Village of Warsaw for 84 years. He retired from funeral directing in 1989, having been in business with his late uncle E.R. Urey from Nov. 9, 1929 to Feb. 11, 1937. It was then that he established the Fischer Funeral Home in Warsaw. He completely sold the business to his late son, Lynn R. Fischer, in 1979.
He was a member of the Warsaw United Methodist Church for 71 years. He served as a trustee for Valley View Cemetery for 50 years. He was a member of the Warsaw Masonic Lodge #255 F & AM for 67 years. He was a former member of the Ohio Eastern Star #409 for 57 years. He was the last surviving charter member of the Warsaw Lions Club. He was a member of the Walhonding Valley Grange #1751. A 1929 graduate of Warsaw High School, a former Warsaw Village Councilman, a charter member of the Warsaw Emergency Squad, and instrumental in forming the Volunteer Emergency Squad. A charter member of the Warsaw Business Association, and a charter member of the River View Community Park Board. During the 1930’s and 1940’s, he was a member of the five-man Fire Department that pulled a chemical cart to fires with his 1929 Chevrolet truck.
Franklin Fischer passed away on February 18, 2000. His dedication to the Warsaw community lives on not just through the three subsequent generations at the Fischer Funeral Home, but also through the many organizations that he helped found and maintain.